BUT typically Alive and Well's involvement with organisations does not start when they are healthy. Rather it is triggered through change, pressure, crisis or stress at some critical point in the organisation. Alive and Well applies the diagnostic of this Vision to Action flow to develop understanding, to reframe their issue and - it serves to move the focus from dis-ease to health, from stuckness to development. The diagnostic is at seven levels within this flow. Each invite reflection and insight done together with the client. This creates context for the issues and identifies where to address them so that energy and resources spent on development directly improves performance. Alive and Well offers services that addess each of these levels:
1. Identity and Intention - what is it that makes this organisation special and unique, and gives meaning to the work that is done
2. Strategies - what are the plans for creating a healthy organisation into the future, and how will you know
3. Systems and Structures - how is this enterprise organised and designed (do our frames/ boundaries/ rules fit what we want to achieve?)
4. People - how effectively do people consistently translate Vision into intelligent Action
5. Culture - what characterises how things are done here - does it 'live out' the core values said to be important
6. Processes - how does the customer get satisfied? How does flow determine delivery?
7. Resources - are they used to best effect? Is there resourcefulness?
So how does unhealthy appear?
Often at first a gap forms between Vision and Action, i.e. Vision's ideas and ideals have little potency - people get on with what they perceive needs to be done; then a second danger often appears - there is no separation between Vision and Action - everything is reactive, typically with an interventionist style of management. Often these two dangers happen together.
Through applying the Healthy Organisation perspective with client organisations, Alive and Well works to put the crisis into context: it provides a new perspective, opens up a new consciousness and curiosity in leaders, builds capability and competence across the organisation and generates a connectedness so leaders enhance their ability to develop their organisation.BACK NEXT